Thursday 16 April 2009

APAD #16: All Those Front Row Girls Got Nothing On the Blondestreaks of My Back Up Singer

Your hideous dyejob
is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen
And I try not to think about it when our set
really hits its stride
(when your voice mixing with mine sounds like nothing I can describe)
-albumtracknumber3/recent7"b-side/firstsingle/alt-classiccover/newsingle-
But inevitably I remember the look you gave me
after the first London show
(withthekidsshoutingournameswiththekidsshoutingOURnames!)
when we stumbled off stage and all collapsed onto each other in the van
And then I want to turn around,
turn down all these screaming teen girls
And sing to you and you alone.

[End. Being a love poem from an indierock frontman to the female vocalist in his band. Written whilst listening to Like A Hitman, Like A Dancer by AC Newman, edited whilst learning to No Turning Back by Gui Borrato. :)]

No comments: