Friday 10 April 2009

APAD #10: Supporting Cast

[I am so, so sorry. There's rhyming in this one. No idea what came over, hope it won't happen again]

My favourite TV show ends

and I soon come to feel like I've lost a best friend.
I miss the overly long intro,
that awful music at the end;
All the annoying little things on which I had
come to depend -

And look I know that my very own
supporting cast
Is devastatingly attractive and constantly entertaining,
but when I'm all the way out in my hometown
and it's dark
and it's raining

(Like some Danish movie's end)
I can't help but frown
and wish I lived closer to them.
So I think this, and then:
That feeling once again
-
Like I've lost a best friend,
But this time only
for the length

of the
long weekend.

[End. Written whilst listening to: Yet more Okkervil River. Plus Ones and On Tour with Zykos.
Edited whilst listening to: I Need Some Sleep by Eels. I'm home from university for the holidays and am rather missing both the usual ensemble cast of the Miles at Uni Show and the other supporting cast that I try to see when home but who mostly live in a big city a tiny bit too far away. Ho hum. Reading Jonathan Coe's book about BS Johnson, eating chocolate pie pudding from M&S and listening to the new Dirty Projectors' single way too much - These are all good ways to spend days at home with the family.]

No comments: