Sunday 7 September 2008

My Week in Lists: Week Ending 7th September

Top 5 Things I've Enjoyed This Week
  1. Episodes of Student Bodies on YouTube. I (and various friends I've linked to it) have fond memories of this stupid Canadian teen sitcom from my childhood and it turns out it's just as much fun now. Flash (the amoral, mercenary, female photographer) may be the best charchter in any 90s teen sitcom. Also it is a LOT better than Saved by the Bell ever was. [Take that, Saved By The Bell . You are dumb! Student Bodies is dumb sometimes too but not on the same level. Mostly.]
  2. My new Spoon t-shirt from Insound. Took ages to ship (to be fair, I am on the other side of the Atlantic to them) but was totally worth the wait. They sent a really cool little catalogue along with it. And, uh, a Kate Nash poster, for no apparent reason. It has been donated to one of my younger sisters. So that's two amazing Spoon related things I now own - the other being a setlist signed by Rob Pope. I am indiegeek, hear me roar.
  3. Peppermint Smints. SO much better than the normal/blue Smints. I may never go back.
  4. Johnny Foreigner's album Waited Up 'Til It Was Light. It's been a month or so since I last gave the thing a serious listen and it's still one of the very best albums of the year, and not just for this most recent amazing single. I think my current favourite is the sole slow/quiet number [it always is], "DJ's Get Doubts" [I will add an mp3 here within 24 hours, promise]. I will point out that if this is the only JoFo song you've heard: The rest of them are high speed, high energy, electric-guitars-to-the-walls punky indie rock/pop madness. They're amazing, obviously.
  5. The first disc of season one of Flight of the Conchords. Pretty much worth it just for Arj Barker and Eugene Mirman and John Hodgman (no YouTube because all his best stuff has been on The Daily Show and that's all at their site and blah blah blah). I hear Aziz Ansari
    turns up later on too! Yay for people employing comedians I like.
So there you go. I'll see y'all for a Midweek Musing about something but I warn you now that there will be no My Week in Lists next Sunday because I will be in a field in Dorset seeing some amazing bands.

What have YOU enjoyed this week, internet?

3 comments:

Hannah said...

To Miles,
You say so many clever things that someone that only does performing arts cannot understand :P
Dumb yourself down in future please.


Note: This is a joke. I'm not that thick.

Georgia said...

you're back!
I thought you were gone. I was sad.
you're the only one who reads who I am (that's probably true).
I thought you had disappeared.

(i used to be ampersand, but I'm hinklemeyer again)

Georgia said...

also -
I love flight of the conchords.
with all my my faux-new zealander heart